The Minnesota Artists Exhibition Program (MAEP) is a curatorial program of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts (MIA) dedicated to exhibiting and supporting artists living and working in the state of Minnesota. Begun in 1975 as a creative partnership with the MIA, the MAEP was founded by a group of regional artists interested in creating an innovative exhibition and programming space. What began as a year-long agreement has been extended into an ongoing relationship between the Minnesota artist community and the MIA. The MAEP is a unique program in which an elected artist panel representing the Minnesota artist community selects fellow artists to exhibit their work at the MIA. The MAEP presents contemporary art within the context of an encyclopedic art museum, actively inserting the state’s artists into a broader discourse about history, art, and culture. The MAEP plays a key role in the museum’s efforts to enrich the community through art and, in doing so, provides a forum for contemporary art and ideas.
We are currently accepting proposals to be considered for the Fall 2015 exhibition slot.
The deadline to submit is October 19th, 4 p.m.
- A two-page resume [PDF format]
- A general artist statement, of 500 words or less, outlining each artist’s thematic and formal interests. When submitting as a group, artists should describe the nature of their collaboration in a single statement.
- A focused statement, of 500 words or less, describing the goals, rationale, and focus of the proposed exhibition.
Up to 12 digital images or work samples per proposal; including overall, detail, and installation shots of your most recent work. If proposing a developing body of work, artists are strongly encouraged to submit works in progress.
- Each of the files should be 72 dpi jpeg and no larger than 2MB.
- Each video and/or sound file should be no longer than 2:00. Upload your file to either YouTube or Vimeo then cut and paste link.
- Information that includes the following for each work: Artist, title, series (if applicable), date, medium, dimensions (h × w × d)
When preparing your proposal feel free to review these sample exhibition statements: