The Minnesota Artists Exhibition Program (MAEP) is a curatorial program of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts (MIA) dedicated to exhibiting and supporting artists living and working in the state of Minnesota. Begun in 1975 as a creative partnership with the MIA, the MAEP was founded by a group of regional artists interested in creating an innovative exhibition and programming space. What began as a year-long agreement has been extended into an ongoing relationship between the Minnesota artist community and the MIA.
The MAEP is a unique program in which an elected artist panel representing the Minnesota artist community selects fellow artists to exhibit their work at the MIA. The MAEP presents contemporary art within the context of an encyclopedic art museum, actively inserting the state’s artists into a broader discourse about history, art, and culture. The MAEP plays a key role in the museum’s efforts to enrich the community through art and, in doing so, provides a forum for contemporary art and ideas.
We are currently accepting proposals to be considered for the Summer 2014 exhibition slot. The deadline to submit is 4pm, Friday, July 26, 2013.
Please Create an Account or Sign in to submit your proposal. You can save your progress, exit the application, and add materials over multiple sessions. Do not wait until the last minute to submit. *MIA staff and degree seeking students are not eligible to apply. Artists may only submit one (1) proposal at a time. Proposal review will happen at the next scheduled panel meeting, TBD. If the proposal is rejected artists are welcome to resubmit. Proposals should include all of the following:
- A two-page resume [PDF format]
- A general artist statement, of 500 words or less, outlining each artist’s thematic and formal interests. When submitting as a group, artists should disuss the nature of their collaboration in a single statement.
- A focused statement, of 500 words or less, describing the goals, rationale, and focus of the proposed exhibition.
Up to 12 digital images or work samples per proposal
- Files should be 72 dpi jpegs, no larger than 1000 × 800 pixels.
- Video and sound files should be no longer than 2:30. Upload your file to either YouTube or Vimeo then cut and paste link.
- Information that includes the following for each work: Artist, title, series (if applicable), date, medium, dimensions (h × w × d)
Please note: All proposals must be submitted through the online application at maep.mnartists.org. MAEP and MIA staff will not accept mailed, emailed, or hand delivered proposals. Specific questions concerning the preparation of exhibition proposals may be directed to the MAEP coordinator at (612) 870-3035 or email@example.com