The Minnesota Artists Exhibition Program (MAEP) is a curatorial program of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts (MIA) dedicated to exhibiting and supporting artists living and working in the state of Minnesota. Begun in 1975 as a creative partnership with the MIA, the MAEP was founded by a group of regional artists interested in creating an innovative exhibition and programming space. What began as a year-long agreement has been extended into an ongoing relationship between the Minnesota artist community and the MIA.
We are currently accepting proposals to be considered for the Winter 2014 exhibition slot. The deadline to submit is 4pm, January 20, 2014.
- A two-page resume [PDF format]
- A general artist statement, of 500 words or less, outlining each artist’s thematic and formal interests. When submitting as a group, artists should disuss the nature of their collaboration in a single statement.
- A focused statement, of 500 words or less, describing the goals, rationale, and focus of the proposed exhibition.
Up to 12 digital images or work samples per proposal; including overall, detail, and installation shots. If proposing a developing body of work, artists are encouraged to submit works in progress too.
- Files should be 72 dpi jpegs, no larger than 2MB.
- Video and sound files should be no longer than 2:00. Upload your file to either YouTube or Vimeo then cut and paste link.
- Information that includes the following for each work: Artist, title, series (if applicable), date, medium, dimensions (h × w × d)
When preparing your proposal feel free to review these sample exhibition statements: